- 1 cup almond meal (you can use store bought, like the Bob’s Red Mill brand, or you can grind almonds finely in a food processor)
- 1/3 cup oat flour (I ground raw oat groats in my coffee grinder, but you can use store bought, too)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 12 large, pitted medjool dates
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped raw dark chocolate, or vegan dark chocolate chips
1. In a food processor, process almond meal, oat flour, and cacao to combine.
2. Add dates, and process until the mixture is thick and sticks together easily when you clasp a little in your hand (look for similar texture to when you make homemade raw energy balls or Larabars). If the mixture is too dry, add an extra date, a drizzle of agave, or a tablespoon of almond butter!
3. Add cherries and chocolate. Pulse to break down the cherries and chocolate into small pieces and mix them evenly throughout.
4. Place “dough” onto a sheet of saran wrap that has been laid onto a flat surface. Cover with another saran sheet, and use a rolling pin to flatten the mixture to just over 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight.
5. Cut dough into desired shapes with a cookie cutter, and enjoy!